By: Lisa Perry, RDN, Lisa Perry Nutrition, email@example.com
October 16, 2019, is World Food Day. The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations started World Food Day to achieve zero hunger worldwide, through healthy lifestyle choices. The FAO has created a Recipe for a Healthy Life. This “recipe” includes diet choices, life choices, and planet choices, which will lead to healthier communities. Here are a few examples:
- Add fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Limit highly processed foods.
- Eat more meals at home, along with family and friends.
- Exercise more often.
- Learn to read labels.
- Eat more local and sustainable foods.
- Eat sustainably sourced fish.
- Store food properly, to keep it safe and waste less.