Written By: Alea Woloszyn, DPT
If you’re starting your spring walking trying to enjoy this nice weather, and have pain in the arch of your foot, you may have plantar fasciitis.
Here are a few tips to help reduce discomfort
1. Stretch your calves
2. Strengthen the arch of your foot:
– Place a towel on the ground.
– Scrunch the towel by trying to lift the arch of your foot
– Keep your toes flat on the ground
3. Roll your foot back and forth over a frozen water bottle
– Place a water bottle in the freezer until frozen
– Once frozen, remove from freezer to use
– Seated in a chair, place the water bottle on its side under your foot and roll your foot back and forth over a frozen water bottle for a couple of minutes.
If you have flat feet, you may need supportive shoes or orthotics. Not sure? We are happy to help! Please call or stop in if you feel you are in need of a free consultation, a Physical Therapy evaluation, or wellness care.
Here is a helpful link from webMD: