Physical Therapy Specialists PC, was founded in December, 1977, in a small office in Clawson, Michigan. In those early days, PTS was one of only three independent physical therapy clinics in Southeastern Michigan. Dr. Paul Roubal was both the sole therapist and the enterprise visionary. His vision was simple and it was personal: that nothing less than the best patient care would characterize his practice.
The office's strong emphasis on quality translated to excellent outcomes for patients. The practice grew steadily - by 1985, there was a clear need to relocate. The patient load was growing and more space was needed to better accommodate the needs of this growing patient base. We wanted to have space for new types of exercise equipment and to provide a monitored step-down/fitness program. A nearby site was chosen and specific building plans meeting the needs of both the practice and the patients were drawn up. In April of 1986, the practice moved to its present site in Troy, Michigan. In Troy, the vision of providing the highest quality care continued….and so did PTS’ growth. In April of 1992, we expanded the facility to 10,000 sq. feet and introduced a formal fitness center fitted with state-of-the-art exercise equipment.
In the face of much growth and many changes over the years, one thing has been a proud constant: our commitment to the highest quality patient care.
At PTS we demonstrate that commitment via:
- Extensive use of rehabilitation research to enhance patient results
- Staffing by specialists who fortify their background with advanced training and education
- Use of newly-developed procedures for testing, evaluation, and treatment
- Creation of a patient-sharing environment, in which you have access to numerous therapists and staff members to meet all your rehabilitation needs
- A firm commitment to hard work - our standards go well beyond what the State of Michigan requires
- Regular measurement of patient satisfaction as a method for ensuring our results
And we make sure you understand our work every step of the way. Why? We believe that, as the patient, you play the most important role in your rehabilitation. In maximizing treatment plan results, we know that the best patient is an informed patient.
At PTS these factors are key to success:
- Experience Members of our professional staff have over 125 years of combined experience and - importantly - they are supported by a seasoned administrative staff.
- Average Treatment Time Our 1.5 hour treatment average easily eclipses the 30-45 minute standard found elsewhere. Why? Quality care requires time.
- Professional Depth We place a strong emphasis on continuing education in our field and have published extensively in peer-reviewed medical journals.
- Office Scope We maintain a one facility office. At over 10,000 square feet, it is one of Michigan’s largest private practices. Importantly, however, we tailor our space and equipment to meet your needs.
- Schedule We are open six days per week. Our hours of operation - for office and fitness center, alike - are set up for the ease and convenience of our patients.
We are firm believers in our community and in our profession. As part of that core belief, we train undergraduate and graduate physical therapists alike from campuses at Oakland University, Wayne State University, University of Michigan-Flint, and Nova Southeastern University, and PTA students from Baker, Macomb Community College, and South University.
PTS is a benchmark facility in a dynamic physical therapy profession. We have particular expertise in orthopaedics, sports therapy, pain control, frozen shoulder manipulation, TMD, massage therapy, urinary incontinence and rehabilitation. We’ve been operating in Oakland County since 1977 with a mission of serving our patients through uncompromising rehabilitation care of the highest quality. While our patients come from all over metro Detroit, we are pleased that so many result from patient word-of-mouth. We are likewise proud that we treat so many doctors, friends of doctors and family members of doctors, too.
Dr. Roubal insists that “once you’re a patient here, you’ll always have our attention.” While specific treatments will likely result in the kind of rehabilitation success which permits you to leave, there’s never a time when a question about your health won’t be welcome at Physical Therapy Specialists. We are available and eager to partner with you for better health... well beyond today’s aches or pains.